SEMA Banner

History - Page 1

The following is a collection of photos from the Agency's past. Most are from the days when we were known as the Saugus Civil Defense.

All photos property of the Saugus Emergency Management Agency.

Gene Nepratt with International "Mobile Canteen" truck. October 1957.

Ray Winters with former Rescue Truck in October of 1957.

Former members Norm Gate, Doug Crotly, Bob Dollard, Ray Winters and Bob Denaco. Photo taken Sept. 1961 at the Topsfield Fair.

Ray Winters and Ernie Denaco with 1941 Ford Pumper (still in service).

Bill Jameson with former 1941 Ford lighting unit. Photo taken October 1957.

1948 Packard Lighting Unit. Taken October 1957.

Ernie Stevens with 1919 Seagrave Pumper. (Original Town vehicle).

CD members assist residents in a flooded section of Beachmont. DUKW in operation. Dec. 29, 1959.

V.F.W. presents Saugus Civil Defense with DUKW (pronounced "duck").

Assisting residents of Revere, members travel down a flooded section of Beachmont in the DUKW. First row from left to right are Steve White, Ben Learu, Bill Jameson, and Tommy Denolu.

Go to: History Page Two

Home | Weather | Headlines | Photos
Links | History | Contact